How to Practice Emotional Self-Care Pt.1
For anyone who is trying to better their mental health, practicing self-care is an activity that is often recommended. For someone just beginning to practice self-care, the activity may seem daunting at first. /But, once they find what works for them, then sticking to the practice is much easier. There is no right or wrong way to engage in self-care, but there are some guidelines to make the activity more achievable. So, what is self-care and why is practicing self-care important to our health?
In this episode we discuss the importance of practicing self-care and why you should include it in your daily and weekly routine. We also define what self-care is and what self-care isn’t.
If you want to learn the value of self-care, then this episode is for you!
Here are three reasons why you should listen to the full episode:
- Discover what self-care is.
- Understand what self-care isn’t.
- Learn about why self-care is important.
- Listen to all TLBC episodes ad-free and get access to exclusive episodes when you join TLBC+!
- Do you need a step-by-step guide to build consistency in your life? Get a copy of The Consistency Code here!
What is Self-Care?
- An activity that makes YOU the priority.
- Self-care is making sure your physical and mental health are being met.
- It is an important activity that you can complete in your daily or weekly routine to keep your body in check.
- Self-care is something that is reliable, repeatable, and simple.
- It is something that you make time for that enables you to feel happy, relaxed, or fulfilled.
- Examples of self care include: reading, taking a bubble bath, talking with friends, journaling, or watching your favorite television show.
What isn’t Self-Care?
- An activity that you can’t do everyday or every week.
- It isn’t something extravagant or complicated.
Why is Self-Care Important?
- It is an activity that provides a moment of relief in the midst of chaos.
- Self-care is a tool that we can use to take care of ourselves when others can’t provide us with what we truly need.
- The activity helps us take care of ourselves.
- Self-care is vital to managing our mental, emotional stability, and physical health.
- Helps us be more productive throughout our day.
- It can increase your self confidence.
5 Powerful Quotes from This Episode
“Self-care is a way to prioritize yourself. It’s about making time for the things that make you feel happy, relaxed, and fulfilled”.
“Self-care is not selfish, and it’s not self-indulgent. It is necessary and essential. It allows us time to think about what makes us happy”.
“By practicing self-care regularly, we enable ourselves to take care of ourselves. In many ways, self-care is like the swiss army knife for our day to day needs”.
“It allows us to maintain our mental health rather than reacting when major issues pop up”.
“It is the preventative care that helps us stay in top form to tackle the day in front of us”.
Enjoy this Podcast?
The smallest acts can be catalysts for tremendous evolutions. If you enjoyed today’s episode of the Tiny Leaps, Big Changes Podcast, then hit subscribe and share it with your friends!
Want to give us a review? If you enjoyed tuning into this episode, then don’t forget to write a review. You can also share this with your loved ones, so they, too, can overcome their fear and define success based on their terms.
Read The Article: https://tlbc.co/self-care/
Free Self-Care Checklist: http://selfcarelist.co
Become a Paid Subscriber: https://tlbc.co/join
Take The Challenge: https://tlbc.co/challenge
Hosted By: Gregg Clunis | https://www.instagram.com/greggclunis/