How to Practice Emotional Self-Care Pt.2
Self-care is a practice that has positive effects on someone’s mental health. The practice is often associated with luxurious facials and relaxing massages, but what if I told you that self-care can be achieved through simpler, maintainable actions.To reap the full benefits of self-care, these actions should be things that are achievable on a regular basis. So what are these self-care exercises and how can you create a self-care routine that works for you?
In this episode we discuss the simple ways you can practice self-care. We also discuss how to practice self-care daily and build a routine that you can stick with so you can improve your mental health.
If you want to learn how to build a self-care routine that works for you, then this episode is for you!
Here are three reasons why you should listen to the full episode:
- Learn about how to build, practice, and maintain a self-care routine that works for you.
- Discover new self-care activities.
- Understand the difference between self-care actions, habits, and routines.
- Listen to all TLBC episodes ad-free and get access to exclusive episodes when you join TLBC+!
- Do you need a step-by-step guide to build consistency in your life? Get a copy of The Consistency Code here!
Examples of What Self-Care Looks Like
- Simple, tiny, and repeatable.
- Washing your face with a nice cleanser, spending time on your dental hygiene, and stretching your body.
- Make sure you make yourself the priority.
How To Practice Self-Care Daily
- The self-care action becomes something you complete everyday.
- You need to build the habit of practicing self-care everyday.
What is the Difference between a Self-Care Habit, Action, and Routine?
- An Action is anything you do that makes you a priority and helps your health.
- A Habit is a small action you do every day/week to take care of yourself. The habit becomes part of your daily/weekly activities.
- A Routine is multiple self-care habits that are strung together to make a series of self care habits that you regularly follow.
How to Build a Self-Care Routine
- Start with self-care actions.
- Convert the actions you like into habits.
- String self-care habits together to create a self-care routine.
How to Maintain a Self-Care Routine
- Find an alarm/alert system that works for you. Make the alarm go off at random times during the day.
- Time Management
- You need to give yourself the time to enjoy what you are doing for your body.
- Create a column list, block off time for self care tasks or add self-care activities to your planner.
5 Powerful Quotes from This Episode
“Practicing self-care everyday requires you to build the habit of practicing self-care everyday”.
“When you are practicing self-care, you got to practice self-care. It’s important for both productivity and happiness that we actually give ourselves enough time each week or each month to allow ourselves to enjoy that time. To enjoy the gift we are giving ourselves”.
“Shouldn’t taking care of yourself come before responding to everyone else’s needs? Aren’t you important enough to yourself to justify that? I think so. Maybe you don’t, but if you don’t then you actually need to be practicing self-care even more”.
“You can choose to make it happen and gain all the benefits that come with it like better mental health, more energy, improved relationships, and more happiness”.
“You are just as worthy of your love as the people you choose to love are”.
Enjoy this Podcast?
The smallest acts can be catalysts for tremendous evolutions. If you enjoyed today’s episode of the Tiny Leaps, Big Changes Podcast, then hit subscribe and share it with your friends!
Want to give us a review? If you enjoyed tuning into this episode, then don’t forget to write a review. You can also share this with your loved ones, so they, too, can overcome their fear and define success based on their terms.
Read The Article: https://tlbc.co/self-care/
Free Self-Care Checklist: http://selfcarelist.co
Become a Paid Subscriber: https://tlbc.co/join
Take The Challenge: http://tlbc.co/challenge
Hosted By: Gregg Clunis | https://www.instagram.com/greggclunis/