If you aren’t sure where to start with your goal, the best thing to do is measure where you are right now. When you get an actual understanding of where you are, you can create a plan to move forward.
In this episode, Gregg sits down with Lola Priego, founder & CEO of Base, to discuss why measurement matters in your personal development. Base is the first health tracker that uses a data science app paired with at-home testing to help people get better results and feel better.
Here are two reasons why you should listen to the full episode.
- Hear how Lola Priego went from working for Facebook and Amazon to the development of Base.
- Learn how you can utilize Base to get a more comprehensive look at your health.
- Listen to all TLBC episodes ad-free and get access to exclusive episodes when you join TLBC+!
- Do you need a step-by-step guide to build consistency in your life? Get a copy of The Consistency Code here!
How Does Base Work?
- You collect your personal data on your own at home through saliva or a finger-prick blood sample.
- You get your results on the Base app.
- You will be put into an improvement plan to regulate hormones, decrease inflammation levels, among other things.
How is This Valuable?
- You can use the actual data from your body to develop a greater understanding of how you can improve your health.
How Did Lola Priego Come Up With The Idea for Base?
- Her own personal health journey led her to the inception of this app.
- When dealing with severe brain fog and fatigue, she decided to try the Keto diet.
- While Keto helped her brain fog and fatigue for a short period of time, she ended up feeling worse after months of this diet.
- In order to gain a better understanding of her health, she sought out a doctor to do some testing.
- The lab results suggested that she needed to stop the Keto diet and intake more Vitamin B12 and Vitamin D.
- The results from her lab gave her exact information that she could use to take actionable steps to improve her health.
- This is something she wants to make easily accessible for everyone.
Is This Kind of Data Collection Really for Me?
- This is something only you can decide for yourself, but you have to ask yourself if you are ready to make changes based on the kind of data you receive.
- This data can give you hope that there is a solution for how you’re feeling, especially if you are someone who feels “off” regularly, but can’t quite pinpoint why you feel this way.
How Do We Stay Motivated When We Don’t Like the Results We Get?
- Results that concern you can be validating.
- It tells you where you should start with your improvement plan.
- Once you know what is “broken,” you can discover how to fix it.
5 Powerful Quotes
- “The problem we are trying to solve is when something is wrong with your body, but you can’t figure out exactly what it is.”
- “We help you understand what’s going on inside your body using the medical component without you having to go to a doctor and wait on lab results.”
- “Data without context, without it being actionable, is just noise.”
- “It’s not about perfection. It’s about moving the needle in the right direction.”
- “There are so many pieces of advice that you can give, but at the end of the day, only you know what your body needs to get the results that you’re looking for.”
Enjoy this Podcast?
If you enjoyed today’s episode of the Tiny Leaps, Big Changes Podcast, then hit subscribe and share it with your friends!
Want to give us a review? If you enjoyed tuning into this episode, then don’t forget to write a review. You can also share it with your loved ones so they can figure out how to start tracking their health goals just like you.
Have any questions or suggestions? You can contact me through Instagram or send your queries at TLBC’s website, Instagram, and Twitter.
Hosted By: Gregg Clunis | https://www.instagram.com/greggclunis/