This episode is an excerpt from the Dates & Mates Podcast with Damona Hoffman. Damona is an expert on all things dating and relationships. If this is an area of focus in which you’re seeking improvement, give this episode a listen.
If you like what you hear, search Dates & Mates Podcast with Damona Hoffman wherever you get your podcasts.
Here are two reasons why you should listen to the full episode.
- Get a sneak peak at the Dates & Mates podcast.
- Hear advice given to two Dates & Mates listeners about dating and relationships.
- Listen to all TLBC episodes ad-free and get access to exclusive episodes when you join TLBC+!
- Do you need a step-by-step guide to build consistency in your life? Get a copy of The Consistency Code here!
I’m Looking for Friendship First, Then a Relationship That Builds Organically From That. How Can I Convey That in My Dating Profile?
- Friendship first is a given for anyone seeking relationships on a dating site.
- State that you are searching for a serious relationship, not that you are looking for friendship. Anyone worth building a relationship with is going to seek friendship first.
- It’s not common for someone to expect you to commit on day one.
- When you put it out there that you are searching for friendship (even though you’re looking for a serious relationship), you’re going to attract people who aren’t looking for anything serious.
Why Is It So Hard to Find Someone Who Can Have a Good Conversation?
- Conversation skills need to be nurtured and continuously used.
- With so many of us using apps and DMs, it makes sense that our conversation skills are lacking.
- Model the behavior you’d like to see in other people by continuing to start conversations with people and sharpen your own skills.
Which App is Best for Dating?
- It’s not about the app – it’s about how you’re using the app and its features.
- Try out different apps, different features.
- You have to be proactive about making connections with people. There is no magic pill.
Chemistry is… what?
- A liar!
- Damona suggests that one listener take the advice of her friends about a guy she’s been seeing.
- Listener Vanessa is struggling with knowing whether or not to give him a second chance, wondering if she’s being too naive in this situation.
- Damona points out the red flags in this situationship and reminds Vanessa that those sparks-flying feelings that we get during an initial interaction with someone should not be the only thing we base whether or not we want to go forward on.
5 Powerful Quotes
- “Friendship first is a given for anyone seeking relationships on a dating site.”
- “Generic pickup lines come in when you don’t have a genuine connection with someone yet.”
- “Model the behavior that you want to see in other people.”
- “Our friends can see things that we can’t, especially when we catch feelings.”
- “Other people will take as much of your time and as much of your emotions as you allow them to take.”
Enjoy this Podcast?
If you enjoyed today’s episode of the Tiny Leaps, Big Changes Podcast, then hit subscribe and share it with your friends!
Want to give us a review? If you enjoyed tuning into this episode, then don’t forget to write a review. You can also share it with your loved ones so they can give Dates & Mates a listen.
Have any questions or suggestions? You can contact me through Instagram or send your queries at TLBC’s website, Instagram, and Twitter.
Hosted By: Gregg Clunis | https://www.instagram.com/greggclunis/