Do you know why we procrastinate? The answer will surprise you. Join us in a discussion with Julia Arndt about how breaking this habit can actually make your brain happy.
If you want to learn more about how to stop procrastinating, then this episode is for you!
Here are two reasons why you should listen to the full episode:
- Understand why we procrastinate.
- Discover tips on how you can stop procrastinating.
- Sahar Yousef: https://www.becomingsuperhuman.science/
- Julia Arndt: https://www.peakperformancemethod.com/
Why Do We Procrastinate?
- Contrary to popular belief, procrastination does not stem from problems with our productivity systems.
- It does not come from poor planning or time management.
- Procrastination is due to emotional mis-regulation.
- The confidence we have in ourselves and the task at hand is what causes us to procrastinate.
How Can You Stop Procrastinating?
- First build awareness.
- Ask yourself why you are avoiding this task. What are your feelings currently?
- Next, sit down and write down things from your past that show you are capable of completing the task at hand.
- Finally, break the task into smaller chunks. Spend at least five minutes on the task and once you get started oftentimes you won’t stop until the task is complete.
5 Powerful Quotes from This Episode
“It has something to do with emotional mis-regulation”.
“If we don’t feel confident enough to work on this task, because this task seems like it’s just too much for us right now, we are not going to start working on that task”.
“Once the rock is rolling, then the motivation and inspiration comes”.
“People who experience imposter syndrome are in fact capable of doing amazing things”.
“If we feel good about ourselves, that strengthens our mental health”.
Enjoy this Podcast?
The smallest acts can be catalysts for tremendous evolutions. If you enjoyed today’s episode of the Happy Brain Podcast, then hit subscribe and share it with your friends!
- Listen to all TLBC episodes ad-free and get access to exclusive episodes when you join TLBC+!
- Do you need a step-by-step guide to build consistency in your life? Get a copy of The Consistency Code here!
Want to give us a review? If you enjoyed tuning into this episode, then don’t forget to write a review. You can also share this with your loved ones, so they, too, can overcome their fear and define success based on their terms.