Did you know that your emotions are trying to tell you something? Join us in a conversation with Wylie McGraw where he shares an important tip on how to understand your emotions.
If you want to learn more about how understanding your emotions can actually make your brain happy, then this episode is for you.
Here are two reasons why you should listen to the full episode:
- Discover why it’s important to understand your emotions.
- Learn the tip Wylie uses to understand his emotions and how you can apply it to your own life.
- Grab Wylie’s Scale Here (Send him a DM): https://www.linkedin.com/in/wyliemcgraw/
Why Is It Important to Understand Your Emotions?
- Understanding the range of your emotions helps with clarity and purpose.
- Society has made it difficult, especially for men, to identify their emotions.
- There is negativity and shame towards men and their emotions.
- There is so much more involved in an emotion than just how you feel.
What Tip Can You Use To Understand Your Emotions?
- The tip that Wylie shares in this episode is to tactically identify your emotion and then take action to do something about that particular emotion.
- Ask yourself why you are feeling that emotion.
- What is the cause of that emotion?
- Don’t feel shame for how you are feeling.
- Once you have identified your emotion, take action and do something about it.
- Solutions will typically come to you.
5 Powerful Quotes From This Episode
“We have turned a healthy competitive society into a combat zone.”
“We have a society that has built itself around limitations and labels.”
“People do not know how to identify where they are really at (emotionally) or know how to express themselves without feeling like they are going to be made wrong for it.”
“Tactically identifying your emotions is about grounding yourself and being able to express exactly how you feel and then moving from there for resolution.”
“There is so much more involved in an emotion than just what you feel.”
Enjoy this Podcast?
The smallest acts can be catalysts for tremendous evolutions. If you enjoyed today’s episode of the Happy Brain Podcast, then hit subscribe and share it with your friends!
- Listen to all TLBC episodes ad-free and get access to exclusive episodes when you join TLBC+!
- Do you need a step-by-step guide to build consistency in your life? Get a copy of The Consistency Code here!
Want to give us a review? If you enjoyed tuning into this episode, then don’t forget to write a review. You can also share this with your loved ones, so they, too, can overcome their fear and define success based on their terms.