At the end of the day, are you beating yourself up about not accomplishing everything you have planned? Join us in a discussion with Lindsay Howerton Hastings where she shares a tip that will help ease your anxiety.
If you want to learn more about how a reverse to-do list can actually make your brain happy, then this episode is for you!
Here are two reasons why you should listen to the full episode:
- Learn the rules of the reverse to-do list.
- Discover the barriers that you may face when trying this exercise and how you can overcome them.
- Request to Work with Lindsay: https://lindsayhowertoncounseling.com/
- Lindsay in Psychology Today: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/therapists/29681/877488?sid=6148ad52b5540&ref=4
- Lindsay’s Blog: https://mytherapistcooks.com/
- Lindsay’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mytherapistcooks/
What Are The Rules Of The Reverse To-Do List?
- This exercise can help you move through anxiety and build confidence.
- There is a feeling of being overwhelmed at the end of the day thinking you got nothing done, but this exercise can show you that you actually did a lot.
- You can write your list down in a journal, in your notes app, or just think through it.
- The best time to do it is before bed because you can increase your productivity for the next day.
- Lists will look different each day
- As long as you are doing your best everyday, then you are accomplishing so much.
How Can You Overcome The Barriers You May Face When Trying This Exercise?
- Try the exercise, and if it’s not for you, no harm no foul.
- If you are thinking you haven’t done enough, count things that don’t feel productive.
- You need to give credit to all you are doing big and small.
- Remember to be generous with admiring yourself.
5 Powerful Quotes From This Episode
“The brain is an anticipatory organ, it makes up things as it goes along”.
“The benefit of that, it kind of trains our brains, and trains ourselves,to catch our brain in those little lies”.
“Anxiety lies to us all the time”.
“When we have the idea that I’m going to do my best everyday, we are doing exactly that”.
“If we can’t imagine it to be successful, then we are very hesitant to try”.
Enjoy this Podcast?
The smallest acts can be catalysts for tremendous evolutions. If you enjoyed today’s episode of the Happy Brain Podcast, then hit subscribe and share it with your friends!
- Listen to all TLBC episodes ad-free and get access to exclusive episodes when you join TLBC+!
- Do you need a step-by-step guide to build consistency in your life? Get a copy of The Consistency Code here!
Want to give us a review? If you enjoyed tuning into this episode, then don’t forget to write a review. You can also share this with your loved ones, so they, too, can overcome their fear and define success based on their terms.