Do you think you can pursue happiness without toxic positivity? Can someone be too positive? Join us in a discussion with Gregg Clunis about how you may or may not be able to pursue happiness without “toxic positivity”.
If you want to learn more about whether Gregg and Heather believe that happiness can be pursued without “toxic positivity”, then this episode is for you!
Here are two reasons why you should listen to the full episode:
- Learn about what Gregg thinks about pursuing happiness without “toxic positivity”.
- Discover Heather’s stance on whether happiness can be achieved without “toxic positivity”.
- Meliorism (How to Make Things Better): https://tlbc.co/meliorism-how-to-make-things-better/
- Listen to Tiny Leaps Big Changes: https://tlbc.co/
What Does Gregg Think About Toxic Positivity?
- Characterizes himself as being more on the realistic/pessimist side of life.
- Believes that positivity becomes toxic when you have all these problems and the reason why is that you haven’t been positive enough.
- Gregg thinks it’s not about the individual, but more about the culture.
What Does Heather Think About Toxic Positivity?
- Heather characterizes herself as being an optimist.
- Focuses more on the issue of pressing.
- Are you pressing feelings down or pressing more people to be positive?
- Believes you should validate how others feel even if you disagree with them.
5 Powerful Quotes from This Episode
“Toxic positivity isn’t actually about being too positive”.
“The toxic part gets added on, specifically when referring to this situation that we often find in personal development, where it’s because you aren’t positive enough that’s why you have all of these problems”.
“It’s important to practice self awareness. Am I naturally bent towards being more positive or am I trying to avoid something?”
“Whether I am pressing down my own feelings or am pressing other people to feel positive when they don’t want to be positive”.
“Maybe your natural reaction is to be positive and focus on the glass half full, and no one should tell you you can’t have that reaction”.
Enjoy this Podcast?
The smallest acts can be catalysts for tremendous evolutions. If you enjoyed today’s episode of the Happy Brain Podcast, then hit subscribe and share it with your friends!
- Listen to all TLBC episodes ad-free and get access to exclusive episodes when you join TLBC+!
- Do you need a step-by-step guide to build consistency in your life? Get a copy of The Consistency Code here!
Want to give us a review? If you enjoyed tuning into this episode, then don’t forget to write a review. You can also share this with your loved ones, so they, too, can overcome their fear and define success based on their terms.