Do you have a hard time making important decisions about your life? Do you know why it’s hard to make decisions?
In this episode we discuss why it’s difficult to make an important decision along with the research that proves this idea to be true. We also describe ways in which you can use this information to make healthy decisions in your life.
If you want to learn the truth about decision making, then this episode is for you!
Here are three reasons why you should listen to the full episode:
- Understand the factors that cause decision making to be difficult.
- Learn the research behind why decision making is difficult.
- Discover the number one tip used to make better decisions.
- Join The Beta: https://tlbc.co/beta
- Listen to all TLBC episodes ad-free and get access to exclusive episodes when you join TLBC+!
- Do you need a step-by-step guide to build consistency in your life? Get a copy of The Consistency Code here!
- Reading: Modeling the interplay between affect and deliberation. – PsycNET (apa.org)
What Factors Make It Difficult To Make Decisions?
- There are two major factors that go into making decisions.
- The first one is deliberate processes.
- This is our logical perspective.
- The second factor is affective processes.
- These are our emotions.
What Research Shows That These Factors Affect Decision Making?
- The article referenced in this episode is, “Modeling the Interplay Between Affect and Deliberation”. The article was written by George Loewenstein, Ted O’Donoghue, and Sudeep Bhatia.
- The purpose of this research was to develop a model for decision making that took in account both the deliberate and affective processes.
- The research found that we use both deliberate and affective processes to make decisions.
- Our emotional responses have more effect on our decision making than we initially thought.
- Our emotional biases hold more weight than initially thought as well.
What Is The Number One Tip To Make Better Decisions?
- Add time to your decision making.
- When you add time, you get to sit and logically think through it.
- Time takes the emotion out.
5 Powerful Quotes from This Episode
“The decisions we make on a day to day basis matter. No matter how small they are, they can create the outcome we experience later in life”.
“Being a human being on this planet and all the flaws that come with that”.
“We make decisions based on both deliberative processes and affective processes”.
”the value of not losing is higher, in our minds, than the potential of gaining something even better”.
“That has massive implications for why we struggle to make the right decision in our day to day lives”.
Enjoy this Podcast?
The smallest acts can be catalysts for tremendous evolutions. If you enjoyed today’s episode of the Tiny Leaps, Big Changes Podcast, then hit subscribe and share it with your friends!
Want to give us a review? If you enjoyed tuning into this episode, then don’t forget to write a review. You can also share this with your loved ones, so they, too, can overcome their fear and define success based on their terms.
Hosted By: Gregg Clunis | https://www.instagram.com/greggclunis/